आफ्नै भेनाजु संग सालीले यस्तो अस्लिल हर्कत गरेपछि [ भिडियो सहित ]

Even though a terrorising face of actress Swathi Reddy on the posters of upcoming film Tripura is dominating the cinematic landscape in Hyderabad, the actress is actually very lively in real life and struggles to contain her excitement about the film.

“I play an innocent housewife who gets weird dreams that strangely become true. Tripura is a complete entertainer with natural horror elements that is bound to spook the audience,” Swathi shares. Swathi’s previous Telugu flick was 2014 hit film Karthikeya and though she’s done a few Malayalam and Tamil projects in between, the Telugu audience will see her on-screen after an year.
“Due to my commitments with Malayalam and Tamil films, I haven’t been able to dedicate much time for Telugu films of late. However, the time off has allowed me to spend time with my parents and focus on making quality films,” she explains.

Horror is an unchartered territory for the 28-year-old actress, who has made a conscious effort to steer clear from conventional cinema.


“I’m not used to these regular song & dance roles or horror,” she points out.
“As a result, shooting for such a hardcore commercial film was quite difficult. However, shooting for Tripura turned out to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience,” gushes Swathi, who is known for her roles in films like Ashta Chamma and Swamy Ra Ra.

Ever since the trailer of Tripura was out, Swathi’s weight has been the talk of the town.  “Yes there are quite a few (comments on her weight) of those wherever I go. I’m pretty sure I’ll get a lot of flak after the film’s release, but the role required me to look innocent and elderly. That’s the reason I put on six kilos for my character,” she reveals.

With no upcoming projects in the immediate future, Swathi says she’s enjoying the slow phase of her life and admits being slightly choosy when it comes to being picking films in Tollywood.

“I’m quite content with what I have. Whatever comes my way, I try to pick the best of the lot and do it to the best of my ability. I’m not looking to achieve greatness – I’m currently enjoying this slow and steady phase in my life,” she adds, with a smile.

, ,

0 comments

Write Down Your Responses